Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Scams can be in the least suspected places

This is a great topic to tackle straight off the bat. Most often than not, Its our new Affiliate Marketers that fall prey to scams. The never ending promise of big dollars &  easy systems are blinding to ignore. Sometimes even the oldies with 20 years experience, are blinded by scammer bling. 8 months ago I returned to Affiliate Marketing after a number of years off & I was adamant that my eyes would be open.

My first hiccup came when I was introduced to Cliqly in its early stages. I must admit, it really was a great re entry for me. Sending pre written emails to over 50k people a day, whilst being able to promote my Affiliate links & build a lead list at the same time was music to my ears. My own issues started when I ran out of email credits (the catch) & you are expected to buy one of 5 packages to send more emails. I chose the cheapest with the least amount of credits @ $97 (that's a lot of money for me). I noticed that the purchased credits weren't reflected in my account straight away, nor did I recieve a receipt/Invoice to my email address. For 4 days I emailed support without a reply. On the 5th day, an email arrived with an Invoice. The only thing that was correct on the invoice was my name, & the last 4 digits of my credit card.  They did not have the correct email address ( don't know who's email address it was) & the Cliqly account number they used was not MY Cliqly account number. Support would not enter into any discussion because my name was correct, the last 4 digits on my card were correct & they had emailed the dodgy invoice to the correct email address. The super sleuth in me worked out that they had created a new/fake account using my name & had allocated my paid for credits to this account. I was able to see the account in Cliqly by searching the new account number but I was not able to log in using the fake email because I didnt have the password.

To me - I had been scammed & while there are a lot of people using & cashing in on the Cliqly platform & singing it's praises, I have been left with a very bad taste in my mouth & I wonder just how many others have had the same experience & may not have noticed.

SCAMS AREN'T ALWAYS IN YOUR FACE - Like Warrior Plus

Have you ever purchased a product from Warrior Plus? DON'T!!. Over a period of 6 months, this year, I have roughly spent 5k on Warrior Plus products - 16 products in total. EVERY SINGLE ONE of these products have been a scam. They are beautifully presented, reasonably priced (until you have to buy the add ons) & full of promises that are blatant lies. Each one of the 16 products are faulty in so many ways - Vital links no longer work, promised by sales pitch & paid for vital content is missing, Dashboards & websites are not as advertised & what you do have are useless without the required (& advertised) tools, Tutorials are completely missing from the product purchase (eg: Lesson1,2,3,6) & non existant on dashboards, although the tutorial tab is there, Links to support are broken or the web site no longer exists, I can go on & on.

Warrior Plus state - If you have an issue with your product or wish to get a refund, contact the vendor associated with your product purchase DO NOT contact Warrior Plus. Each product has a vendor contact email address & a vendor support website to log a ticket for support. I have not had a reply to 71 emails to 4 different vendors (even though I continue to receive promotional emails from them daily) or a reply to 23 tickets logged with support. I even got really angry & presented it all to Warrior Plus - No reply. My 16 product purchases have been taken out of my account & I am no longer authorised to access them & I have not received a refund. LASTLY... My bank account has been completely stripped 3 times & I have an ongoing dispute with Paypal because a husband & wife vendor couple charged my Paypal & 2 different bank accounts for the same 4 products 3 times totalling $1600 AUD. Paypal believes the vendors & I have to pay Paypal back on all products that I have paid for 3 times already.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how hard we try to avoid being scammed - The scammers are so good at what they do & even oldies like me get taken for a ride.

In conclusion - EVERYTHING Dan has touched on in his opening thread, lights me up in neon pink. No matter how diligent I thought I was & how hard I tried to protect my personal information & accounts - The scammers were 10 x better. Be careful out there, they are everywhere. Personally, I don't know how they sleep at night...

Sorry to hear about the struggles.  I have heard storied like this before and it saddens me.  Experience like those is what gives this industry a bad name.  Fortunately there are more out there that are good than not.

Make up to $2,000 a month without recruiting or selling. Make even more if you do. Check it out

Thanks for your support Dan.. It's my mission this second time around after a few years off, to help those that would like help, ask for help and or guidance and just be someone that actually follows through with support and guidance if needed. For me personally, life is about honesty and doing right by others. So if I can share what I know and what I have, then Karma won't bite me on the bum, and that also means that any new or struggling affiliate will be on the right track should they need help or a real income generating platform.

P.S. I believe that you Dan share the same mission and that we are working towards a common goal. This right here, TheIMSpot, has so much promise and potential and I truly feel it will be the hubspot for all affiliate marketers looking for the right way forward.

I am very happy to be here. xx

That is a good mission to have and yes, that is always my goal also to help those who need it when I can. And yes I believe what we send out comes back to us good or bad, so why not send out good.  🙂

Make up to $2,000 a month without recruiting or selling. Make even more if you do. Check it out